Sunday, January 30, 2011

Susie for St. Baldrick's

One of my good friends at work, Susie, had been talking for awhile about shaving her head for a charity (St. Baldrick's).  Apparently it is something that Susie has wanted to do for quite awhile and even asked our General Manger when she was getting interviewed a few years ago if she could wear scarves to work if she shaved her head.  Our manager had never heard that request before and had to think about it before saying that yes, she could haha.


So, today was finally the day that Susie picked to shave her head and had people come to her mom's house and also did a Pampered Chef get-together so that people could buy things and a percentage of the proceeds would go toward the charity Susie was representing.  Myself as well as a few friends from work went and donated for Susie's cause and then watched as Susie's husband, Mike, excitedly began to shave Susie's head. 
Mike doing the first few swipes at Susie's hair



Susie's mom getting in on the action

Half shaved, half mullet



I had to leave for work before Susie was completely finished and apparently they took it even shorter, but I thought she looked great and I thought it was very admirable of her to do this for charity.  I can't imagine shaving my head so it's very selfless of her and awesome that she has been wanting to do this for so long and finally achieved her goal.

4 comments:

Marisa Marinos said...

I'm so glad we all got to be apart of this with her.
She is more WOMAN than I will ever be.
Selfless and Beautiful is Susie!

Jennifer Verissimo Triplett said...

100% agree :)

Unknown said...

I love, love, love this. Thank you so much for writing about this so I can always have your blog to remember it. : )

Jamie said...

Such an amazing human being with a gigantic heart!